It is SECURITI's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website. Please read this policy carefully to understand how we handle and treat your personal information.
What information do we collect
We may collect and process the following personal information from you:
- Information you provide to us: We collect personal information when you voluntarily provide us with such information in the course of using our website or Services. For example, when you register to use our Services, we will collect your name, email address, password and organization information. We also collect personal information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter, or respond to a survey. If you make an enquiry through our website, or contact us in any other way, we will keep a copy of your communications with us.
- Information we collect when you do business with us: We may process your personal information when you do business with us – for example, as a customer or prospective customer, or as a vendor, supplier, consultant, or other third party. For example, we may hold your business contact information and financial account information (if any) and other communications you have with us for the purposes of maintaining our business relations with you.
- Information we automatically collect: We may also collect certain technical information by automatic means when you visit our website, such as IP address, browser type and operating system, referring URLs, your use of our website, and other clickstream data. We collect this information automatically through the use of various technologies, such as cookies.
- Personal information where we act as a data processor: We also process personal information on behalf of our Business Partners in the context of supporting our products and services. Where a Business Partner subscribes to our Services, they will be the ones who control what data is collected and stored on our systems. In such cases, we are data processors acting in accordance with the instructions of our Business Partners. You will need to refer to the privacy policies of our Business Partners to find out more about how such information is handled by them. The terms of the data processing addendum (“DPA”) are hereby incorporated by reference and shall apply to the extent SECURITI processes any personal information that is subject to the GDPR on behalf of its Business Partners.
What do we use your information for
The personal information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To respond to your inquiries and requests
- To provide you with site and service
- To enhance the site and service
- To provide you with information and access to resources that you have requested from us
- To provide you with technical support (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- For system administration and security
- For general business purposes, including to improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs), to help us improve the content and functionality of our Services, to better understand our users, to protect against wrongdoing, to enforce our Terms of Service, and to generally manage our business
- For recruitment purposes, where you apply for a job with us
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for using the service, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to the service.
How do we protect your information
SECURITI takes reasonable and appropriate measures to protect the Personal Data provided via the Site from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from the Site may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to SECURITI via the Internet.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. You can find information on popular browsers and how to adjust your cookie preferences at the following websites:
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We will only share your information with third parties in certain circumstances:
- In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, your personal information may be sold, disposed of, transferred, or otherwise disclosed as part of that transaction.
- We may also disclose information about you to third parties where we believe it necessary or appropriate under law, for example: (1) to protect or defend our rights, interests, or property or that of third parties; (2) to comply with legal process, judicial orders, or subpoenas; (3) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including for national security and law enforcement purposes; (4) to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services or to enforce our Terms of Service; (5) to protect the vital interests of our users, customers, and other third parties.
- We may use and share aggregated non-personal information with third parties for marketing, advertising, and analytics purposes.
We do not sell or trade your personal information to third parties.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. If you access other websites using the links provided, the operators of these websites may collect information from you that will be used by them in accordance with their privacy policies. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children under the age of 13
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (for EEA visitors)
If you are an individual from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our or a third party’s legitimate interests (and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms). In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under the data protection laws in relation to your personal information. You have the right to:
- Request access to a copy of the personal information we hold about you, or to request the correction, amendment, or deletion of such information;
- Object to, or request a restriction of, processing of your personal information;
Request transfer of your personal information, to you or to a third party;
- Withdraw consent for further processing of your personal information (in cases where our use of your personal information is based on your consent);
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (though we encourage you to contact us first with any questions or concerns).
You can also unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time by following the instructions or unsubscribe mechanism in the email message itself.
We may retain your personal information as long as you continue to use the Services, have an account with us, or for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in the policy. You can ask to close your account by contacting us at the details above, and we will delete your personal information upon request.
We may, however, retain personal information for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws, for legal, tax, or regulatory reasons, or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.